We talk so much about how good WordPress is, that we forget some great facts about it that make it the most precious CMS nowadays. WordPress was released on May 27, 2003, by the creators, Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little. One of best and effortless thing that wordpress owns, it the fact that this platform is FREE. So we are talking about a Free and Best Used Platform that powers over 25% websites worldwide.
Short WordPress Overview
WordPress has a web template system and uses a template processor. It has the front controller that routs the requests to a single PHP file, which parses the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) to identify the target page.
- Themes – You can install different themes. They allow you to create a more personalized wordpress site according to your requirements and theme functionalities. Themes alter the core code or site content. They can be installed using the WordPress “Appearance” tool in the dashboard, or via FTP.
- Plugins – WordPress has over 40,501 plugins available. They offer custom functions and features enabling users to tailor their sites to their specific needs.
- Mobiles – Some applications exist for WebOS, Android, iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad), and BlackBerry. They make possible a lot of options like: adding new blog posts and pages, commenting, moderating comments, replying to comments or viewing the stats.
- SEO – Featuring the SEO makes WordPress a great CMS. It is important for a website to be SEO optimized, to make it visible by the customers and to be on the top list of it.
Now let’s see some of the other thing you should know about WP if haven’t yet.
WordPress powers 26% websites of the world including the Most Famous Ones
And this number grows fast everyday. Talking about number, WordPress includees over 66 million website worldwide. The cool about its usage is that the most famous websites that you see everyday on the web are WordPress powered.
- Harvard Business Review
- and a lot lot more!
WordPress is The Most Popular CMS Wordwide
And it does not seem to stop! WordPress in general powers 4.5% of the ENTIRE internet. For sure it’s a winner. A Free Winner!
WordPress is for everyone, even if you are a beginner
Even if you dont know how to use it i think it’s time to learn now! We will explain later why you should.
It’s easy, customizable and Free! Yes, we keep saying that because you ain’t going to lose anything from it. You can start with little things first, like themes customization and then learn how to do even more over time.
You can make money with WordPress
6 ways to make money through wordpress :
- Selling Themes – Star with a premium themes and make serious money creating and selling those. We just need to mention the Avada creator and you already know how much you can make through wordpress themes.
The Best way to make money with wordpress themes :
- WordPress Blogs – WordPress is the preferred platform for bloggers and starting your blog with wordpress is the best idea to make money online.
6 plugins to help you start your blog :
Let’s start this by saying that over 45,000 Word Press plugins are available and they have been downloaded more than 285,000,000 times. Yes!
Just imagine now with this number what can be done with plugins and wordpress. There are both free and paid plugins out there that can do everything you have ever imagined on a website without the need to write code from scratch.
Of course that mentioned the number of free plugins, you can’t forget about the premium ones: The Best Market to find Premium Plugins.
Plus, if you know PHP you can further customize any plugin you want. 🙂
WordPress is MultiLingual
Just choose the language you speak and customize the wordpress with that. So flexible and customizable!
5 easy steps to translate a wordpress theme :
WordPress community is one of the largest comparing to other companies, with 249973 members and 840 meetup groups around the world. And if you may not be impressed by the power of this platform, just imagine the 7.6 million users that use WordPress every day!
WordPress Swag and Fan Art
WordPress has an officially store website where you can buy hoodies, t-shirts and other clothing dedicated to wordpress. You can see it here.
The community of wordpress has created a fan art page also, where you can leave your art work and scroll through the thousands creations of fans all around the world.
WordCamp is an organisation and conference that connects many countries and people. These meetings are informal and focus everything on WordPress. Everyone is allowed to share ideas, to organize events and get to know each other.
So those were only a few thing about this amazing platform. Although, you can suggest more cool facts about WordPress. Our blog is an open source to discussions.
Let us know what you think about WordPress 🙂