6 months, 2 weeks ago vmg-developerParticipant
We just upgraded a site we manage to the latest version of Specular, which is running on a child theme. Since then, we’ve been having the following issues:
- When you click “Activate” on the theme select page a blank page comes up.
- When you click on the wordpress media library, no images load.
- We cannot set featured images on posts. When you select the featured image on a post, the media library doesn’t load. When you upload an image to be the featured image, the loading/uploading process never completes.
Please help, thanks.
6 months, 2 weeks ago MihailaKeymaster
1) First make sure to have everything updated.
-Update WordPress if an update is available;
-Update theme correctly (only the parent theme).
-Update all plugins last.
-Run any database updates prompted by your plugins. (For example, WooCommerce will prompt you to update the database).
2) Since you are using a child theme, deactivate it (activate parent theme) and try again. If the issue is gone, the child theme is the culprit. If not, try deactivating all plugins and retest.
If this solves it, try reactivating your child theme. If the Media Library works, the problem is likely a conflict between your child theme and a plugin. Reactivate each plugin one at a time and test your Media Library, starting with administrative plugins and activating any styling plugins last. If reactivating a specific plugin causes the problem to return, contact the plugin author to report the issue and leave the plugin deactivated.
3)Read this article regarding the troubleshoot of featured image issue.
If you still can not solve it, then fill in the wp login information on the extra information fields of your profile data. So we can give it a closer look.
Read this article for more information.
6 months, 1 week ago vmg-developerParticipant
Thanks for the reply. It looks like the culprit was the child theme itself — specifically, the white space after the closing php tag in the functions.php of the child theme.
Appreciate your help!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.