GoDaddy is a hosting provider that offers an array of plans to cater to various needs. In this article, we will delve deep into GoDaddy's WordPress hosting plans, pricing, and features to help you make an informed decision.
GoDaddy is a leading hosting provider and the world's largest domain registrar. They offer various hosting plans tailored to meet the needs of individuals and businesses of all sizes. Their services include shared hosting, managed WordPress hosting, VIP hosting, dedicated servers, and scalable cloud hosting for developers.
Selecting the right WordPress hosting plan is crucial for ensuring optimal performance, reliability, and security. It also plays a vital role in managing site traffic, storage, and other essential features.
As an expert in hosting reviews, I've had the opportunity to test and evaluate their services thoroughly. In this article, we will take a closer look at GoDaddy's WordPress hosting plan categories to provide you with the necessary information to make an informed decision.
Basic Overview of GoDaddy WordPress Hosting Plan
GoDaddy offers three main categories of WordPress hosting plans tailored to suit various needs:
- Shared WordPress Hosting
- Managed WordPress Hosting
- WooCommerce Hosting (eCommerce)
Each category offers different features and pricing options, making it easy to find the right plan for your specific requirements.
GoDaddy's WordPress hosting plans come with essential perks such as a free domain name (for the initial contract term, minimum 12 months), free SSL certificate, and a variety of storage options.
Comparison of Plan Categories
|Shared WordPress Hosting
|Managed WordPress Hosting
*Unlimited visitors are subject to the hosting provider's fair usage policy.
Let's start now by reviewing each Godaddy WordPress hosting plan, one-by-one:
GoDaddy shared WordPress hosting plans are designed for users who want to leverage the power and simplicity of WordPress without having to deal with the technical aspects. These plans are ideal for users ranging from beginners to advanced, bloggers to large companies, and everyone in between.
- Economy: Starting at $5.99 per month, the Economy plan offers 25 GB storage, making it suitable for bloggers or small websites with no monthly visitors limit. A free domain, SSL certificate, and business email for the first year are included, as well as automatic daily malware scans.
- Deluxe: Priced at $7.99 per month, the Deluxe plan offers 50 GB storage and is perfect for growing websites that need more resources. It includes all the features of the Economy plan, with the added benefit of more storage space and up to 10 websites.
- Ultimate: At $12.99 per month, the Ultimate plan offers 75 GB storage and is designed for websites requiring more storage and robust performance features. This plan is ideal for eCommerce sites and includes an SSL certificate, twice the processing power, and memory.
- Maximum: The Maximum plan, which caters specifically to web professionals and designers, starts at $17.99 per month and allows hosting for up to 50 websites with 100 GB SSD storage. It includes free SSL for every site, website backup with one-click restore, and staging sites.
Key features and benefits
All of GoDaddy's shared WordPress hosting plans come with automatic WordPress core updates, free daily backups, and 1-click restore. They also include pre-installed plugins, design themes, and a staging site.
The plans are optimized for WordPress performance and reliability, and the eCommerce-ready WooCommerce integration allows for seamless online store management.
Performance and reliability
GoDaddy’s hosting plans boast a 99.9% uptime guarantee, ensuring your website remains accessible to visitors. Their 24/7 customer support via phone, live chat, and email, along with an extensive support center, ensures that any issues are resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Affordable pricing across all plans
- A variety of options to cater to different needs and budgets
- 24/7 customer support and extensive resources available
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Limited storage space on lower-tier plans
- Single website support on economic WordPress hosting plans
- Aggressive upselling of additional services
In summary, GoDaddy's shared WordPress hosting plans offer a range of options for users with varying needs and budgets. The performance and reliability, along with the key features and benefits, make these plans attractive to both beginners and advanced users.
However, the limited storage space on lower-tier plans and the single website support on Economy WordPress hosting plans may be a downside for some users.
Godaddy Managed WordPress Hosting Plans
GoDaddy Managed WordPress Hosting offers a simplified solution for those looking to create and maintain a WordPress website with ease. These plans are designed for users of all skill levels, from beginner bloggers to established businesses, ensuring hassle-free management of their WordPress site.
Plan Tiers and Pricing
GoDaddy offers three simple Managed WordPress hosting plans and four packages more usable for professionals and agencies working with multiple clients, catering to various needs and budgets:
- Basic – At $8.99/mo, it offers 20 GB SSD storage and no bandwidth or website visits limits.
- Deluxe – At $11.99/mo, it offers 40 GB SSD storage
- Ultimate – At $18.99/mo, it offers 60 GB SSD storage
Pro managed WordPress hosting plans:
- Pro 5: Priced at $39.99 per month, this plan supports up to 5 websites, 50 GB of storage.
- Pro 10: At $69.99 per month, this plan accommodates up to 10 websites, 80 GB of storage.
- Pro 25: The cost of this plan is $124.99 per month, allowing up to 25 websites, 100 GB of storage.
- Pro 50: For $229.99 per month, this plan supports up to 50 websites, 200 GB of storage.
Key Features and Benefits
All plans come with essential features such as automatic updates, daily backups, and a free SSL certificate. Moreover, GoDaddy offers optimized WordPress performance, ensuring faster loading times and smoother user experience. The plans also include staging sites, malware and hack removal, and WooCommerce integration, making them suitable for various website types.
Performance and Reliability
GoDaddy's Managed WordPress Hosting focuses on providing optimized performance and reliability. With a 99.9% uptime guarantee and 24/7 support, users can trust that their website will always be accessible and functioning smoothly. The daily backups and malware scans ensure that the site remains secure, allowing users to focus on their business without worrying about technical issues.
- Affordable pricing with various plans to suit different needs
- Managed hosting takes the hassle out of managing a WordPress site
- Optimized performance for a seamless user experience
- Free SSL certificate and daily backups for added security
- WooCommerce integration for easy eCommerce setup
- Only supports a single website on basic plans
- Many features promoted by GoDaddy are available for free via plugins
- Long-term contracts required to secure the lowest prices
Godaddy WooCommerce Hosting Plans (eCommerce)
GoDaddy WooCommerce hosting plans are specifically designed for online store owners looking to leverage the power of WordPress and WooCommerce. These plans cater to businesses of various sizes, ranging from small online shops to large-scale eCommerce stores.
GoDaddy's WooCommerce hosting aims to provide a seamless, optimized experience for both site owners and their customers.
Plan Tiers and Pricing
- Essentials – The essentials WooCommerce hosting plan is priced at $19.99 per month and includes one website with unlimited storage. This plan is ideal for small businesses or startups that are just beginning their eCommerce journey, with up to 1,000 orders and 250 GB of bandwidth limit.
- Flex – It offers much more value with additional features and benefits, ideal for growing businesses. Pricing for the flex plan is $99.99/mo and includes up to 1,000 orders/mo, 100 GB storage and 250 GB of bandwidth.
Key Features and Benefits
GoDaddy's WooCommerce hosting plans come with several features and benefits that make them an attractive option for eCommerce store owners:
- Free domain name for the initial contract term (minimum 12 months)
- Free SSL certificate as long as you maintain a hosting plan with GoDaddy
- Optimized WordPress performance
- Automatic updates
- Staging sites
- Malware and hack removal
- Bundled WooCommerce plugins
Performance and Reliability
GoDaddy's WooCommerce hosting plans are built on a reliable infrastructure, ensuring a 99.9% uptime guarantee. This means your online store will remain accessible to customers around the clock. Additionally, the plans are optimized for WordPress, providing fast loading times and a smooth browsing experience for site visitors.
- Affordable pricing for the Standard plan
- Optimized for WordPress and WooCommerce
- Bundled with valuable WooCommerce plugins
- Reliability and performance are prioritized
- 24/7 customer support
- Some features, such as staging sites, are not available on the Basic plan
- Long-term contracts are required to secure the lowest pricing
In summary, GoDaddy's WooCommerce hosting plans offer a solid foundation for businesses looking to build and grow their online stores using WordPress and WooCommerce. While there are some limitations, the overall value and performance make these plans a viable option for eCommerce store owners.
How to Choose the Perfect Godaddy WP Plan for my website
Choosing the right GoDaddy WordPress hosting plan can be a daunting task, especially with the plethora of options available. In this section, we'll break down the key factors to consider when selecting the right plan for your specific needs.
We'll discuss assessing your website's requirements, considering growth and scalability, comparing plan features and pricing, and seeking customer support and reviews. Let's dive in!
Assessing your website's needs
First, it's essential to determine your website's specific requirements. Consider factors such as the number of visitors you expect, the amount of storage you need, and any unique features or plugins you plan to use. For instance, if you're a blogger with minimal site traffic or a small business owner with a 3-5 page informational website, GoDaddy's Basic Plan might suffice, offering 20 GB of storage and catering to up to 25k monthly visitors.
Factoring in growth and scalability
As your website grows, your hosting needs may evolve as well. It's crucial to select a plan that can accommodate future growth and scalability. For example, if you anticipate a significant increase in site traffic or plan to expand your content offerings, consider upgrading to the Deluxe or Ultimate plans, which provide more storage and support for unlimited websites.
Comparing plan features and pricing
When selecting the ideal GoDaddy WordPress hosting plan, compare the features and pricing of each option. As mentioned earlier, the Basic Plan starts at $8.99 per month, while the Deluxe and Ultimate plans offer increased benefits at $11.99 and $18.99 per month, respectively.
The Essentials Plan, optimized for WooCommerce users, costs $19.99 per month. Weigh the benefits and drawbacks of each plan, and consider factors like storage, monthly visitors, and additional features such as staging sites and malware scanning.
Seeking customer support and reviews
Lastly, it's crucial to consider the quality of customer support and reviews when selecting a hosting plan. GoDaddy offers 24/7 support through phone, live chat, and email, as well as an extensive support center with tutorials and videos.
Be sure to read through customer reviews and testimonials to gauge the overall satisfaction of users who have opted for similar plans. Remember, the right hosting plan should cater to your specific needs while providing exceptional support and seamless user experience.
Does Godaddy WordPress hosting provides cPanel?
GoDaddy's Managed WordPress Hosting does not come with cPanel. Instead, they provide a custom, user-friendly control panel designed specifically for managing WordPress websites. This control panel allows you to manage your domains, backups, updates, and other essential features for your WordPress site.
However, if you opt for GoDaddy's shared hosting plans, they do offer cPanel as the primary control panel for website management.
In conclusion, GoDaddy's WordPress hosting plans cater to a variety of users and budgets. Whether you're a small blogger or a growing online store, GoDaddy provides an accessible and cost-effective solution for your hosting needs.
By carefully considering your specific requirements and the features offered by each plan, you can make an informed decision and select the right hosting plan for your unique situation.
Ludjon, who co-founded Codeless, possesses a deep passion for technology and the web. With over a decade of experience in constructing websites and developing widely-used WordPress themes, Ludjon has established himself as an accomplished expert in the field.