Not having to write a thousand lines of codes is one thing. Setting up an application in little or no time is another. However, these mouth-watering incentives and more are what no code/ low code technology offers. No code / low code solutions have made citizen developers more common in this century.
The most applied case of no code is the website builders platforms which are used widely to create websites without any knowledge of coding.
Don’t just rush ahead ignorantly to create your application. First, you should get familiar with what the industry looks like now and what it is likely to be in the future. Below are statistics you should know, especially in 2022.
- No code will account for more than 65% of application development activity by 2024.
- 85% of people using no-code tools say that it adds value to their projects.
- No code/ Low code platforms revenue will rise to $187 billion by 2030.
- Low code platforms are 10X faster than traditional software development.
- No code solutions can bring about a 90% reduction in development time.
General No Code/Low Code Statistics
1. The percent of executives who said no code/ low code development platforms doubled their most significant automation investment. This statistic went from just 10% to 26% since the lockdown in 2020.
When COVID-19 hit the world, it inspired alternatives to many norms. It also publicized already existing alternatives. This was the situation for these executives who discovered no code/ low code platforms during and after the lockdown. Before this time, only about 10% of executives had tapped into the no-code/ low code technology.
2. According to a recent survey by Appian, a huge 82% of organizations cannot hire and keep as many qualified software engineers as they would want.
The demand for software engineers and IT researchers is way more than available software engineers. Some sources say the ratio is double, and some say it is triple. However, one thing is clear, the supply of software engineers is too limited for the tech industry's needs. This is why many organizations are employing no code/ low code to fill in for the inability to hire as many engineers as they would love to.
3. 69% of people agree that new technologies affect their way and standard of living.
This statistic states that more than 50% of customers would rather buy from companies that apply new and emerging technologies to their business. The birth of new technologies affects the way businesses are done and managed. It also affects the way, and the rate consumers use modern products. Most technologies surfacing are easier alternatives to already existing ones. Therefore, companies that employ modern technology will have more customers than others.
4. 83% of people admit that AI is changing customer engagement. This survey also shows that 69% believe AI is changing their business at large.
From numerous surveys and research carried out over the years, it is obvious that businesses benefit the most from AI. The birth of AI brought about a significant amount of modern technologies. They are data analysis, face recognition, advanced security, and even no-code/ low code platforms.
5. No code / Low code is not for building simple, small scale apps alone
Although no code/ low code platforms are finding their way into the industry, no code still has its problems. Many organizations still do not trust them for larger applications. However, Quixy says that many high-level apps for complex activities can also be built using no-code/ low code solutions.
6. Research shows that a massive 72% of leaders in the IT world admit that project backlogs constitute a major setback in strategic projects.
Many IT leaders have discovered that project backlogs are obstructing their creativity. They are no longer able to focus on developing new strategies for projects. Instead, their focus is on maintaining existing systems. Another thing is the time taken to complete project backlogs. This is one of the problems no code/ low code platforms are addressing.
7. No code/ Low code is not for citizen developers alone
‘Citizen developer' has become just a title. No-code/ low code solutions technology removes traditional programming restrictions and complexity. Now, everyone can create apps and software that they want with little or no programming knowledge. This is mostly beneficial to businesses. The different teams that make up the business can brainstorm to build a unique application.
8. As of 2019, the No code/ Low code platform revenue was $10.3 billion. However, this value will rise to $187 billion by 2030
Although No code/ low code has been in existence for some years now, it started gaining popularity and acceptance in 2019 and 2020. At the time, the market's total revenue was only $10.3 billion. Businesses will continue taking advantage of upcoming technologies to increase consumer satisfaction. Therefore, this value is expected to hit an estimated $187 billion in 2030 with a 31% CAGR.
9. Gartner predicts that the need for developers will grow exceedingly in a few years, but No code/ Low code will fill in the gap.
There is already a wide gap between the number of available developers and their needs. Depending on how complex the project is, a software project could require 5 to 20 developers. The utilization of no-code/ low code solutions can beat that number by half.
10. By 2026, the demand for IT researchers would have increased by 19%. This forecast also says the demand for software developers would have increased by 24%
As established in the previous statistic, the demand for software developers and IT researchers is high. Well, that is not all. This demand has increased even with the birth of new technologies that make software development easier. This means no code/ low code platforms and other AI solutions cannot replace developers. It can only fill in the demand and supply gap.
Benefits of No Code Statistics
11. No code/ Low code platforms are 10X faster than traditional software development.
It is not novel for software development to take months and another set of months to perfect. No code/ low code platforms will take some time to complete, test, and perfect. But this is nothing compared to the traditional software development timeframe. Low code platforms take away the long hours of programming. This, in turn, lets you invest your time and energy in design and other segments key to your project.
12. An average business can increase in value by $4.4 million by using no-code/ low code applications.
Software development projects are quite costly. Especially since the major resource needed is human power. A recent survey has been deduced that companies can save as much as $4.4 million if they do not hire two IT developers. These companies would only need to invest less than half of this amount on no-code/ low code solutions.
13. As of 2018, the entire Low code market has an estimated net worth of $4 billion.
In 2018, the revenue of the entire low code market was just about $4 billion. At this time, the no-code/ low code market had not received much attention. This value, however, increased up to $10 billion in 2019 when no code/ low code platforms started becoming more popular. The revenue of the market is set to keep increasing.
14. No code/ Low code solutions can bring about a 90% reduction in development time.
The time taken to develop applications using traditional programming methods is quite a lot. This is because, with traditional programming, there are lots of processes involved. The codes have to be written, proofread, and tested numerous times. Since humans are responsible for these processes, errors could take extra time to fix. No code/ low code solutions take only about 10% of the time traditional programming does.
15. Before the end of 2022, the year-over-year growth rate of the No code/ Low code market will hit 40%
The no-code/low code technology is getting more popular as the days pass. More people are discovering how no-code/ low code solutions can help them automate many development processes. However, this effect is multiplying, and before 2022 runs out, the yearly growth rate will reach 40%.
Challenges of No Code
16. A small 5% of people who use low code applications say they are clumpy
Whatever has its good side does have its ugly side. However, this ugly side is reviewing 5% of the entire low code users. While low code applications can be chunky to some, a massive 95% of users do not find it bulky at all. This is due to preferences, the needs of business owners, and the purpose of building the applications.
17. In research, almost half of the surveyed organizations were not knowledgeable about low code software development solutions. As a result of this, they do not use it.
While no code/ low code platforms already have a wide population of users. However, some people are still ignorant about it. This ignorance is the biggest reason most non-users are not yet using it. Other reasons include trust, security fears, customization, and so on.
18. According to a survey, 32% of organizations still lack faith in using Low code/ no code to build needed apps.
As earlier stated, after ignorance, lack of faith in the ability of no-code/ low code solutions is the second leading reason people do not use them. It takes years to make an application scalable. Therefore, it is understandable that people still worry about the state of the applications created by ‘drag and drops.' This is why many organizations only use them for small-scale development.
19. 25% of organizations are scared that low code applications could be open to threats and other security risks
While 32% lack faith in no code/ low code applications, 25% believe they could be open to threats. Security risks are the greatest concern of most businesses. A slight glitch could bring their organizations down and make them lose many customers. However, several no code/ low code platforms have been proving to the public that no-code solutions are not open to any more threats than those affecting programmed applications.
20. 25% of organizations also worry that low code apps may not be scalable
Another 25% believe that apps built with no code/ low code platforms may not perform very well in the market. This is mostly the concern of SaaS providers and software for businesses-providers. Most of their consumers use the application for business purposes. They worry that if they know the apps were not built traditionally, they will not make sales.
21. 40% of companies said AI technologies were too expensive to incorporate in a survey.
Another concern of companies is that, like most AI technologies, no code/ low code will be expensive to incorporate. However, no code/ low code solutions have proven more cost-effective than traditional programming.
22. One of the major problems of AI solutions like low code/ no code is that vendors are difficult to evaluate
Most people are not yet familiar with no code/ low code solutions, how they are built, and their technology. This is why they cannot pick the right vendors most of the time. They don't know what to look out for. Therefore, they find it difficult to make important comparisons as required for selection.
23. Many companies cannot incorporate AI because qualified researchers and developers are limited.
Many organizations, especially small businesses, would love to improve their performance and incorporate new systems. However, they suffer the effect of the demand chain mostly. Once giant organizations make their picks, very few qualified developers and researchers are left to hire. This is why small businesses form a majority of the population of no-code/ low code users.
24. Many IT decision-makers are hesitant to switch systems or the current work mode. This has a terrible side effect on 28% of organizations today.
The no-code/ low code market has received acceptance from different categories of people: business owners, communities, NGOs except IT decision-makers. Most developers have not adopted this new system for different reasons. Some believe it will bring about a reduction in the value of standard applications. Others say it is not scalable. This hesitancy to switch systems affects more than a quarter of businesses today.
25. Business decision-makers are also quite hesitant to incorporate new technologies in their business. This affects at least 25% of organizations in the world today.
Some business decision-makers are also quite hesitant today. If businesses whose services affect other businesses do not advance in technology, there will be a decline in the growth rate of these organizations. This will, in turn, affect the economy at large.
Market Adoption Statistics of No code / Low code
26. According to research, 60% of custom apps are no longer built by the IT department. Half of those apps are built by employees with little or no knowledge of software development.
Unlike before, when all software-related matters were left to the IT teams to deal with, no code/ low code has changed the system. Most applications are now built by the partnership of different teams. Regular employees who never studied software development create today's applications.
27. By 2023, Gartner predicts that citizen developers will be four times the number of traditional developers in many giant organizations.
Traditional software developers are quite expensive to hire. Many non-tech companies do not have a standby IT team. Instead, they work with developers on a contract basis. One of the advantages of no-code/ low code solutions is that it does not require IT specialization. As the years pass, more organizations will likely take advantage of that.
28. By 2025, 70% of applications will be developed using no-code/ low code technology. This value was only about 25% in 2020.
As of 2020, only 25% of applications were developed using no-code/ low code technology. People still have their fears and concerns about the systems. However, no code/ low code is advancing to solve these concerns. Gartner has forecasted that by 2025, 70% of applications will be built using no-code/ low code.
29. According to a report from 451 Research, 80% of firms admit that their businesses need more citizen developers.
Organizations are starting to advocate for more awareness of no-code/ low code technology. With citizen developers, organizations can cut costs on software development. This is why regular employees are now becoming citizen developers in where they work.
30. The no-code/ low code market value will reach $21.2 billion in 2022. This is a massive increase when compared to its $3.8 billion value in 2017
In 2022, the no-code/ low code market is expected to be worth $21.2 billion. As no-code/ low code popularity increases, more people keep trooping into the market. The more people use the no-code/ low code technology, the more the worth of the market increases. This is obvious from the $3.8 billion value it had in 2017.
31. In a survey of 500 North American companies, most said that custom applications greatly impacted their business.
The majority of organizations now use custom applications because of their specialization. Many business owners said it saved them time, energy, and expenses in a survey, from cutting down costs to profit marginalization and greater customer satisfaction.
No Code Development Statistics
32. According to 451 Research, 82% of organizations agree that custom app development is very important.
Organizations need more applications that address specific needs for intra-organizational needs and solutions to customer problems. Most organizations with custom needs now use no-code/ low code platforms to develop them.
33. Citizen developers build an average of 13 apps, and web apps form the majority of this number.
Citizen developers are always looking for less complex tools to help them create more scalable applications. On a scale of 100, at least 13 apps are built by citizen developers. Most of these apps, however, are web applications.
34. In a survey carried out by Statista, 33% of business owners say their organizations use no-code/ low code for data modeling and visualization.
Even non-tech organizations use no-code/ low code platforms to create apps that are helpful to their businesses. With no-code platforms, they can create simple software for data processing.
35. After data science, IT is the leading niche to help businesses address problems from potential skill gaps.
Many businesses now look up to emerging technologies to help them gain ground in the competitive market they find themselves in. One of these is the no-code/ low code platforms that are becoming more popular now.
Growth Trends and Future of No Code Statistics
36. As of 2020, the global no code/ low code market was worth $13 billion. This value is predicted to increase to $65 billion in 2027
According to Statista, in 2020, the market was worth only $13 billion. However, this statistic by Statista predicts that it will rise to $65 billion in 2027.
37. According to a forecast by Gartner, low code platforms will be the most significant part of the low code technology market in 2022.
Low code platforms are among the first solutions created by low code technology. According to Gartner, as users increase, 2022 will see a rise in the number of low code platforms.
38. Gartner forecasts that by 2024, 80% of technology products will be created by non-tech professionals.
As of now, citizen developers are already common. However, people with little or no knowledge will soon dominate the software industry. By 2024, organizations will not need to hire IT professionals to create tech products for them.
39. In 2020, it was predicted that no code/ low code would become widely accepted in 2021. This prediction stated that 75% of development shops would adopt the rising platform
A forecast showed that no code/ low code popularity would increase in 2021, and it did. More people adopted the platform, and the market's revenue increased massively.
40. Microsoft predicts that in the next 5 years, 450 out of 500 million new apps will be created using no-code/ low code.
Microsoft has forecasted that there will be a high rise in the number of apps available in the next 5 years. It also says that almost all these apps will be built using no-code/ low code technology.
Before deciding to build your applications using no-code/ low code platforms, there are several factors to consider. The app's purpose, the target audience, how much you're being paid are only a few of them. If you're a citizen developer, or a constant no code/ low code user, make sure to stay up to date with the industry trends. Remember, information is key.