If you are a startup and want to check your website's ranking or business keywords on Google, you will need a SERP tracking tool. They are otherwise known as Search Engine Result Page (SERP) trackers and they make your job easy.
Without these trackers, you will have to type the keywords and count the total results to find your ranking. This can be a difficult thing to do and the results might not be valid either.
These trackers are here to save your day. All you need to do is to add your keyword to the SERP tracker and it will look it up for you. This article will help you understand the importance of a search engine result page tracker.
Here is a short list of the best SERP tracking tools:
- Sitechecker – Best daily keyword rank tracker for Google (with alerts)
- Nightwatch – Best automatic SERP checker for Yahoo and Bing
- SERanking – Cheapest international SERP tracker and monitoring tool
- SEMRush – Best for accurate local (city, state, country level) tracking
- Rank Tracker – Free bulk keyword rank checker with an unlimited plan
Search engine optimization professionals and marketers use it to track their progress to get the highest rankings. These trackers help in achieving the goal by speeding up the tracking process.
Different trackers are used for their characteristics and functions. Most of them have similar features, but buying them according to your requirements makes a difference.
We will give you a detailed overview of the top keyword rank tracking software for 2023 for checking your positions.
The article will also detail the pros, cons, and pricing plans. These trackers will help you get a better grip on understanding the rankings of your business on Google.
What is a SERP Tracking Tool?
A SERP tracker is an SEO tool that lets professionals know about their websites or page rankings. It usually works by adding a keyword regarding a website or a topic and then monitoring it for you.
You can also have a deep analysis and insight into your competitors' websites. It enables you to increase your rankings and get ahead of the game. It is important for the growth of the business that when customers search your name, they find related results.
If this is not happening, then it means that you have to work harder on your rankings if you want to improve your target audience.
The presence of search engine result page trackers will help you in knowing your weakness and strengths. It will pinpoint the mistakes and the areas you must work on to increase your rankings.
Many SERP tools are available in the market as cost-effective solutions. It is your choice to decide if you want to buy only one tracking tool or you want to go for an all-in-one ranking tool. You can decide according to your budget as well.
The Best SERP Trackers Software with Cheap Plans
Read this article until the end to know which keyword rank tracker is best for your business.
- Rank Tracker and Audit Tool
- Daily and Weekly Email Reports
- Super easy UI
- Pricing plans from $23 / month
- 7-day free trial
- Easy to use
- Fast and accurate
- Seven days free trial
- Variety of SEO tools
- Email alerts
- High price if you are looking only for a tracker
- No keyword research
Sitechecker is the best modern rank tracking tool to use in 2023. It will provide SEO reports regularly to keep you updated about your website's workings.
Sitechecker provides services ranging from 3 to 10 websites depending on the plan you will avail for yourself. We strongly recommend you try a 7-day trial before choosing a plan to make the best decision.
Apart from the 7-day free trial, Sitechecker is offering three plans for its users and the cheapest plan is at $23 / month:
- Basic: It will cost you around $23 a month.
- Startup: It will cost you around $39 a month.
- Growing: It will cost you around $79 a month.
- Daily Keyword Monitoring
- Featured Snippets & Knowledge Panel
- Other SEO tools included
- Pricing plans start from $32 / month
- White label reporting
- Rankings for Google, DuckDuckGo, YouTube, and Bing
- Possibility to add notes
- Integration with Google analytics.
- UI isn't very readable in dark mode
- With 1000 keywords costs go up
- Live chat doesn't work very well
Nightwatch is one of the most popular SERP trackers. Professionals recommend it for the best reporting and ranking. It gives you the rankings by utilizing its rank tracker feature.
The main dashboard of Nightwatch is user-friendly and has many options for the customization of columns. Along with the tracking, it provides services for backlink monitoring and site auditing as well.
This tracker offers a free trial for 7 days and there are three plans for the ranking. For the tracking of 500 keywords, you will have to go with the starter plan and it will cost you $39 monthly and $24 annually. For 1000 keywords, you can get the tracking services for $99 per month and $59 per year.
The agency plan will provide the tracking for 5000 keywords and it will cost you $369 per month and $221 per year. You can start with the basic plan and see how that works for you. If you want your website to grow at a faster speed, you should consider getting the agency plan.
- Simple tracking interface
- Keyword tracking wizard
- All-in-one SEO platform
- Pricing plans from $31.2 / month
- Amazing UI
- Historical keyword tracking
- Affordable price
- Mobile tracking included
- On time support response
- Repeated bugs that need to be fixed
- Can’t track Amazon or Baidu rankings
The most amazing thing about SERanking is that it does not only track but provides a marketing plan for your website as well. It enables you to have a website host for auditing, monitoring the backlinks, and ranking for the business.
It is one of the best SERP tools and around 300,000 customers are using it.
There are three pricing plans to avail of its services. The Essential plan will allow you to track at least 250 keywords with daily updates for $39. For weekly updates, pay $23.40. You can track 500 keywords daily by paying $54 and $32.40 for weekly updates.
A business plan will allow you to stretch more and you can pay $89 for daily updates on 1000 keywords and weekly updates for $53.40. On monthly and annual plans, you can also get discounts up to 20 percent off. It depends on your needs, and which plan you want to go for. Freelancers can start with the basic plan, but for official use, you should go for the essential one.
- Popular all-in-one SEO software
- High price for keyword tracking
- Track your competitor’s keywords
- Pricing plan from $119.95 / month
- 7-day free trial included
- The most efficient visibility index
- Extra features like keyword research and backlinks analysis
- Provides city, state, and country-level tracking
- Customizable reporting
- High white-labeling cost
- There are no ranking updates on demand
- Doesn't track the rankings for Amazon, Yahoo, and YouTube
Semrush is one of the most popular keyword trackers because of its always updating features. It is now available for tracking and monitoring the visibility of your business. If you want to get your hands on an all-in-one tool, it is your go-to tool. It will help you in researching the keyword, auditing the sites, and ranking and tracking your website for you.
Semrush offers a seven-day free trial for its users to see if they can get familiar. For accessing other services, you have to subscribe to the pro, guru, or business plans. The pro plan is the basic plan, and it starts with the tracking of 500 keywords. The monthly payment for these words will be $120 and the annual cost will be $100.
When availing of the guru plan, you will have access to the tracking of 1500 words for $230 per month and $192 per year. For a business plan, you will pay $450 per month and $375 per year. The automated report scheduling is present for the pro plan. To avail of the integration of reporting with the Google Data Studio, you have to subscribe to the guru plan.
Get a Special Offer for Codeless users
5. Rank Tracker
- Free rank tracking tool
- Local search included
- Keyword research tools
- Start for free
- Vast competitive intelligence functionality
- Detailed SERP analysis for any keyword
- Position difference tracking
- Customizable SEO reports
- Google Search Console and Analytics integration
- Learning curve may seem difficult for new users
- Free version’s competitive research is limited to one competitor
- Free version lacks ranking history
SEO PowerSuite’s Rank Tracker is rank checking tool offering unlimited data. This software lets you track rankings and perform comprehensive keyword research to get new traffic-bringing keyword ideas.
Rank Tracker lets you track positions in 597 global and local search engines. Create workspaces you need, filter keywords with an advanced parameter filter system, and track how your positions change over time. Task automation settings included.
Rank Tracker’s pricing starts at $149/year for the Professional edition. This version lets you store 5 projects in SEO PowerSuite Cloud, add 5 competitors to track, and print your SEO reports.
An Enterprise license will cost $349/year with 100 project cloud storage available, 40 competitors to monitor, and the possibility to save, email, export, and publish your SEO reports on the web.
- Fast keyword rank tracker
- Solution for Enteprises and Agencies
- Advanced keyword tool
- Plans start from $116 / month
- The design of the tool is amazing and looks great for users
- It works well with Amazon, Yahoo, Google, and YouTube
- Instant On-Demand Updates
- In-Depth Analysis
- Basic plan starts with over 1000 keywords
- Expensive tracker
Accuranker claims to be one of the fastest trackers for rankings in the world and allows you to refresh your data whenever you want to. There are no bugs or waiting time to get to know the results.
It works perfectly for all the platforms and you can also use the filter and segmentation feature of the tool. Automatic reportings are available for your keywords along with your logo when you are using it.
Their prices start with 1000 keywords and you have to pay $116 monthly. For 2000 and 3000 keywords, you have to pay $189 and $279. The updates for the keywords happen daily. You can save 10 percent of the given amount by subscribing to the monthly or yearly plans.
- Affordable SERP Tracker
- Super simple to use
- All-in-one system
- Pricing plans from $29.9 / month
- 10-day free trial
- It has nice and simple designs for its users
- The support services of the tool are helpful and responsive
- Daily email reports and alerts
- Share reports with a link
- Only tracking features
- No featured snippet tracked
If you are a start-up and you are worried about your rankings, you should try this tracker. Designed to help people with less budget to spend on the tracking tools. SERPWatcher is the best tool if you are looking for an all-in-one system. It offers rank tracking at cost-effective prices. It is a simple tool for making tracking easier for you.
You have to pay $49 for 200 keywords. For tracking 700 keywords the pricing will jump to $69. If you want to track 1500 keywords you have to pay $129. These charges are paid monthly. The updates for the keywords will be daily. You can get a discount of 40 percent for yearly plans.
- Advanced tool
- Lower entry price
- Free plan included
- White label mobile app for clients
- Tracking across all major search engines
- Track unlimited number of websites
- Top features not included in entry plans
- Not the simpler UI
ProRankTracker is an amazing source for the rank tracking, reporting, and analysis of your websites. It is a popular tracker software, and it works well for professionals. It will give you a complete picture of your search engine optimization.
They have a free trial for seven days. Their monthly plans depend upon the keywords you want to track. For 200 keywords you have to pay $25 and for $49 you can check the tracking for 500 keywords. To check 1000 keywords you have to pay $89 and for 2000 keywords the price is $129. They offer a discount on their yearly plans and it is usually up to 10 percent.
- All-in-one SEO solution
- Clean Dashboard
- Compare results with competitors
- Pricing plans from $69 / month
- Intuitive dashboard
- Visual reports
- Colors and graphs are present in this tool
- Keyword history included
- Insights of your competitors
- Not the most beginner-friendly
- Expensive compared to others
Almost 100,000 users are utilizing this platform for tracking their ranks. Serpstat is not confined to only providing tracking for your rankings, but it also helps in backlinks and the auditing of the sites. Using this tool will also give you the benefit of having an analysis of search engine optimization.
Serpstat is a bit more expensive as compared to other tools. You will be paying $69 for 500 words and $149 for 2000 keywords per month. The updates are available in this package for the keywords daily. You can get this tool at an affordable price if you subscribe to a yearly plan. You will be getting a discount of 20 percent for annual subscriptions.
- Fun and simple to use
- All-in-one SEO tool
- Personalized guides included
- Pricing plans from $65 / month
- Check website health
- Amazing reporting
- There are game elements present in this tool and it helps in focusing on the rankings
- You can keep your keywords in specific folders
- The ranking tracker does not have enough features
- Expensive starter plan for 200 keywords
MorningScore is another search engine result page tracker in the market. It has many properties of being an all-in-one search engine optimization tool. It is advised by the experts to use this site for your startups.
There is a free trial available for four days for this tool. For 100 keywords the tracking will cost you $56. For 500 words users have to pay $95. 2000 keywords can be tracked for $174. The updates for keywords are available daily. You can avail the discount of 20 percent if you subscribe to the yearly plan.
- Most popular SEO tool
- Expensive for tracker
- Better for backlinks
- Pricing plans from $99 / month
- 7-day trial with $1
- Provides amazing keyword research
- A clear view of the growth of your business and the traffic
- Provides you the insight into the progress of your competitors.
- Analyzes the website's link profiles
- This tool unfortunately does not provide any update on the keywords daily
- Not a good option for keywords because of the absence of historical storage
Ahrefs is one of the best tools for search engine optimization. Professionals recommend this tool for most of the functions when it comes to the tracking of the keywords. The quality of the backlink tracking is exceptional. You can easily beat your competitors by using this tool. It is excellent for auditing the site and analyzing the growth of your business.
The price for the tracking of 1500 words is $179. The no update feature for the keyword research makes it a bit expensive. It has no discount offers on the yearly plans as well.
Table Comparison: Keyword Rank Tracking Tools
Following table will help you take a quick look at the comparison between the prices and the ratings of the rank tracking tools. You can easily decide from the rating and the prices to get the one that is better for you. The rating is done on the basis of the reviews of the professionals. These tools are rated out of 5. The tools with a rating above 4 highly recommended
How to Choose a Rank Tracker
If you are confused about choosing a SERP tracker, we are here to help. You can look at the table above and decide what you want for your business. You can choose the rank tracking feature only or you can go for the all-in-one search engine optimization feature.
Ratings of the tools also help in deciding which tool will be perfect for your website. One important thing to remember is to choose the tool that helps your budget as well. You should consider these three questions before buying a tracking tool.
- What features are you looking for?
- Your budget?
- What is the tracker rating?
Above mentioned tools are the best keyword rank tracking software for your website. They help you in accessing the details about your rankings on Google. They come with their features and pros. There are different plans for the pricing available for them. You should always go for the one that suits your business and budget.
Ludjon, who co-founded Codeless, possesses a deep passion for technology and the web. With over a decade of experience in constructing websites and developing widely-used WordPress themes, Ludjon has established himself as an accomplished expert in the field.
Tips given by you have helped me a lot.
Keep it up and thanks for helping us.
You’re welcome! Thank You!