With the increase in internet and mobile phones everywhere, there is minimum need of using a landline in today’s world of business communication. Finding the best VoIP provider overcomes the issues of using conventional methods all in terms of accessibility, ease of use, simple setup and pricing. It is different from the traditional calling method because VoIP lets your record live streaming through call recording applications iOS and android.
In this post, we have collected the 19 best VoIP providers for 2022. Here, we have reviewed all the providers to help you find the best services for pricing support, comparing features, and business communication.
It would be a surprise for you to find that VoIP technology has overcome the board from the White House to Burger King. New growth in the VoIP sector is only triggered with the development of complementary technologies such as Unified Communications (UC), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and 5G.
VoIP is making the world smaller by least mattering the distance. It is no more difficult to communicate with your business prospect in the world or talk to your loved ones traveling to another continent.
We have listed down and reviewed the best VoIP providers in this post. But before exploring the providers, let’s understand VoIP.
VoIP is means Voice Over Internet Protocols. It is a technology with which you can make voice calls with a broadband internet connection instead of an analog or regular phone line. Sometimes, VoIP services only offer to call people with the same service but some others may allow calling anyone who has a telephone number. This telephone number can be international, mobile, long-distance or local distance.
Read More: Best Cheap VoIP Services
Some VoIP services only work on computers or with a special phone that supports VoIP. Other VoIP service allows using a traditional phone with a VoIP adapter connected.
The Top 19 Best VoIP Providers of 2022
Best Overall VoIP Provider
If you are looking for cloud-based communication for customers and employees, then Nextiva is the one that offers you maximum. It includes a wide range of features and flexible pricing tiers to match your needs.
Nextiva lets you make unlimited calls to any contact in Canada or the US. The real-time presence feature further lets you find your available contacts. The call queue lets you handle multiple calls during busy times.
It also makes video calling available with conferencing as well as all the plans. In Nextiva, you can even share files or screens during conferences. Nextiva further allows you live streaming through video functions for webinars and virtual events.
Other significant features include voicemail messages. These messages can be delivered to your email directly. This software also enables you to record outgoing voice messages. Further, you can also receive or send unlimited text messages and faxes.
Nextiva’s system is specifically designed with functionality and usability in consideration. We can divide its tools based on service, sales, and communication. This feature helps in finding the required feature as soon as you log in.
- Advanced VoIP conferencing
- HD-audio, Crystal-clear without any static in the line
- Audio conferencing with screen share and messaging
- Top-rated Android and Dios mobile app
- Declutter your workspace
- Easy to use desktop app for Mac and Window
- Free toll-free, auto attendant and virtual voicemail
- Integrates other apps with the business phone software
- Helpdesk tools to manage customer service
- Call tracking in real-time using dashboards and reports
- Access to live call and historical data
- Tracks team projects and conversations
- Integrations are pretty basic
- No-updated documentations
- Inappropriate way of adding and requesting contacts
Nextiva offers four pricing tiers:
- The Essential plan costs $18.95 per user per month
- The Professional plan costs $22.95 per user per month
- Enterprise plan costs $32.95 per user per month
- The Ultimate plan costs $57.95 per user per month
TrustRadius rating of Nextiva is given below:
Best for Enterprise
DialPad is one of the most well-designed and cost-effective VoIP solutions. It is especially suitable for businesses that offer favorable workflows to use software applications such as softphones. These are installed on the devices connected through the internet to make phone calls.
The DialPad Talk offered in a company uses AI and Cloud calling to enhance employee flexibility and productivity. In such a way, the staff members can work from anywhere by using their devices and be a part of business conversations.
Besides, the voice intelligence powered by AI can also be used to detect and automate note-taking and customer sentiments through a call.
The user interface in DialPad is straightforward as it has one central portal. It is, therefore, easy to add new users, connect them and assign them phone numbers with office suites such as Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace.
The entire process of setting up the Dialpad takes only a few minutes. Also, you can either use a smartphone app or a desktop interface to regularly manage the user profiles.
- Real-time assist
- Business text messaging
- Conference phone
- Company directory
- Call transfer
- On-premise gateway
- Custom IVR
- Call summaries
- HD calls
- Easy call switching from laptop to smartphone
- The business phone app works on all kinds of devices including Mac< PC, Android, and iOS.
- 24/5 phone support and 24/7 live chat
- Calling from a web browser is made easier with Chrome extension of Chrome dialler
- Cheap VoIP service causes a lack of unity in services
- Lack of privacy controls
- Lack of security
- Limited calling options
- Limited features in low-cost plans
Dialpad is extremely competitive in terms of price.
It offers three pricing tiers;
- The Standard plan costs $15 per user per month
- The Pro plan costs $85 per user per month
- Enterprise plan wants you to connect to the company for pricing details. It would require you to get a 100 License Minimum
There is also an option of a 14-days trial for free.
Dialpad rating on TrustRadius is given as follows:
Best for Call Centres
CloudTalk is another cloud-based call center software. It helps in making smart calls so you can focus more on growing your business. It helps interconnect with your team members, department and branches without any hindrance.
It provides an admin interface that is web-based to manage real-time call centres. Moreover, you can also add phone numbers, set up everything for your clients and agents at a specific time. It further lets you manage your call centre, phone numbers, add agents and set up everything in real-time.
Besides you can create customized call queues. You get a steered and pre-defined rules to assign agents in the right section. It also lets you automatically record all the calls. As soon as the call ends, you can listen to it through the internet browser anytime. In addition, you can also monitor customer interactions with your calls.
- Conference calls
- Call masking
- Number porting
- Call recording
- Call queuing
- User-friendly interface
- Real-time analytics, data, and syncs
- Workflow automation
- Web application for phone calls
- Good Customer support
- Intercom integration
- Mobile and desktop apps available
- True cadences
- Unstable iOS native application
- HubSpot integration is not easy
You can try any plan for the 14-day trial period. It does not require any commitments or hidden fees. Cloudtalk offers four pricing tiers:
- The Starter plan costs $25 per user per month
- The Essential plan costs $30 per user per month
- Expert plan costs $50 per user per month
- A custom plan sets the cost according to your requirement. You need to talk to CloudTalk for a personalised offer.
TrustRadius rates CloudTalk as follows:
Best for Small and Freelancer Business
Ooma is one of the top-rated solutions of VoIP particularly for the teams working remotely. It provides all those features that are needed for your business for advanced collaboration.
Moreover, it has flexible phone systems that make it easier to make phone calls while working from home. In addition, you can easily accept and place a call on your work from your cell phone. Even the desktop app works fine with the calls on your computer.
The Ooma’s plans are highly affordable to be taken. Ooma has also got the privilege of being an award winner of PCMag VoIP Business Choice. It proves that Ooma provides great service and is effortless to run with a very shallow learning curve.
Besides, it’s a great solution for all types of businesses and is specifically attractive to run small businesses as it provides advanced features at reasonable prices. Furthermore, Ooma has the simplest DIY setup videos and instructions.
- Easy setup
- Team collaboration through conferencing with Ooma Office Pro
- Uses mobile phones
- Keep your number
- Big business features
- Continuous call recording
- Flips as an active call from the desktop to phone app while eliminating interruptions
- Full views of meetings with Ooma Meetings dashboard
- Two or more people can share their screen at the same time
- Improper and less responsive customer support
- Limited customizations
- Difficult E-fax option
- Quicker call log updates
- Phone modules reboot or are disconnected at any time
Ooma offers two pricing tiers:
- Ooma Office-it costs you $19.95 per user per month. It comes with a virtual receptionist, mobile app, host and call-forwarding functionality.
- Ooma Office Pro-it costs you $24.95 per user per month. It lets you add voicemails transcription, conferencing tools and videos with several useful business features.
The TrustRadius review of Ooma shows 9.4 out of 10 ratings.
Best for Medium-Sized Business
RingCentral is a perfect all-rounder for medium-sized businesses. It is a PBX platform that modern organizations adopt with all features that are expected such as AI capabilities, collaboration tools and video software.
It includes many other features such as multiple extensions, handling and call forwarding, company directory and auto-attendant system.
It promises a 99.99% uptime SLA which means that businesses can run their communication operations without any disruptions.
RingCentral offers certain plans that not only work with big teams but also for the organization that use single-user VoIP. They provide specific status reports and unlimited storage. The VoIP tools are further used with Polycom and Cisco phones through dedicated hardware. Besides, they also work perfectly fine with softphone solutions such as smartphone applications.
- Video conferencing
- Work from anywhere
- Easy management
- HD audio
- Easy to use
- Scalable plans
- Dedicated and softphones hardware
- iOS and Android apps
- the steeplearningcurve for new users
- lengthy setup
RingCentral offers very extensive pricing plans.
- The starting plan is the Essential plan that costs $19.99 per month. It provides unlimited video and voice calling, a toll-free number and a free local number with a limit of 20 users which is not enough for medium-sized enterprises.
- The Standard Plan is suitable for larger companies. It costs $27.99 per month.
- The most recommended Premium plan costs you $34.99.It offers CRM tools’ integration, real-time analytics, and automatic call recording.
- The ultimate plan is for the most advanced VoIP solutions with unlimited storage and status reports. It is customizable and scaled according to the requirement.
TrustRadius rating of RingCentral:
Best Overall VoIP Service Provider
Grasshopper provides a great VoIP experience for a small firm, especially one that does not have sufficient financial resources. Your business gets access to extensions that connect PBX software to phone numbers.
All you need are a reliable internet connection, existing handsets and a functioning phone number. However, due to its limited requirements, it offers limited features.
It does not provide any advanced feature for VoIP desktop phones or call centre support or analytics. Yet, it can be accessed to an unlimited number of texts and calls in a business with several call recording options. Above all, it provides 24/7 support.
Another plus is its ease of setup that users can simply select according to the service level. It helps in choosing the numbers before the service. Additionally, there is an android app, iOS and a desktop app for easy management of all the features.
- Custom greetings
- Wifi and VoIP calling
- Call forwarding
- Business texting
- Desktop and mobile app
- The incoming faxes are delivered as a pdf attachment
- Voicemail transcriptions available
- Set up custom schedules, block calls and screen callers for business hours
- Auto-text sending to new callers
- Voicemail setup for MP3s and business calls
- Sync between devices
- Updating and Syncing of messages
- Very short period for a free trial
- Several technical issues with no documentation, thus unreliable
It offers three pricing tiers:
- The solo plan costs $6 per month. It provides three extensions and one number
- Partner plan costs $44 per month. It provides six extensions and three numbers
- A small business plan costs $80 per month. It provides an unlimited number of extensions and five numbers.
All pricing tiers offer a 7-day trial period.
TrustRadius rating of Grasshopper
(Now Freshdesk) Best for Startup Businesses and Small Teams
FreshCaller is a cloud-based PBS system with which you can get flexible VoIP services to break free from work from anywhere. It helps you run and manage your phone operations seamlessly. The dashboard is also able to run your workflows and managing multiple numbers easily.
Besides, Freshcaller makes it easy to leave collaborators, looping in the right reps and privately briefing against call or loop. In addition, the ongoing conversations are easily accessible for all supervisors.
There is a “route calls to voicemail” feature that asks you to leave a voice message and then wait for your reply. Likewise, the Call Masking function allows you to make calls but you disguise the personal number. It makes your business is more like a local or personal customer.
- Automate call routing
- Defect calls with voice bots
- Answers call on Sip phones
- Freshcaller mobile app
- Call masking
- Call management
- Freshcaller automatically lets their position in the queue
- Caller ID
- Call rotation
- Call metrics
- Integration into Freshales
- More reporting features
- UI and UX need upgrading.
- Overpriced system
- Call reliability is questionable
- Non-us Support
TrustRadius rating of Freshdesk is as follows
Best Service Providers for Call Centres
Blueface is a cloud-based VoIP business solution that is suitable for almost all types of business. The major features of Blueface include call barring, account management, IVR, number porting, and call conferencing and international numbering.
Furthermore, Blueface allows you to store all the communication and calls of customers for compliance and training purposes.
The software offers a feature to block outbound and inbound calls from destinations that are costly or untrusted. Moreover, it is also easy to preview and upload music in real-time with the Unified Comms Portal.
It makes managing and linking every site from the multi-currency billing in the UC portal. The extension dialing feature makes it possible to locally call the colleague. Besides, Softphone allows international calls with short number dialing.
- Multi-site deployment
- Extension dialling
- Call barring
- Music on hold
- Call recording
- VOIP business landline
- Unified Communications Portal helps to access pre-second billing
- Supports high-quality and high-capacity call conferencing with 40+ international bridge numbers
- Apply automated opening hours to phone system strategy
- The package is well-designed for remote workers
- High pricing as compared to other providers in our list
The official website of Blueface does not show any rating. Yet, you can get a quote by contacting their customer representative.
Trustpilot review of Blueface is as follows:
9. Avoxi Genius
Best Service for Large businesses
Avoxi genius provides easy-to-use, affordable and flexible call centre software. It is a cloud-based contact centre platform that is globally applicable. It is easy to manage call routing rules, customer service metrics, and phone numbers and call centre agents.
It is made possible merely through an internet connection. Avoxi genius has also offered a highly efficient and affordable virtual VoIP service of phone calls.
The software efficiently manages the phone services. Besides, it is capable of dealing with all business communications using a web-based or intuitive contact centre.
- VoIP Number Porting
- VoIP Auto Attendant
- Cloud Call recording
- Affordable and flexible international virtual number plans
- Supports outbound call scoring and recording with notes, advanced analytics and custom dispositions
- 20+ VoIP features in a very virtual number plan without any extra cost
- Non-geographic, local and toll-free business numbers
- Setting up a new business does not have to pay extra fee for contracts
- Limited features in the base plan
- Extra fee charged for buying the enterprise plan and leverage basic features
- The steep learning curve to avail all features
Avoxi offers a free plan where you get limited features but it is fine for beginners. The other two plans are:
- Avoxi Contact costs $24.99 per user per month
- Avoxi Enterprise costs $49.99 per user per month
TrustPilot reivew of Avoxi is as follows:
Low-cost VoIP Service
SIP.US is a reliable and low-cost business VoIP phone service provider. It is a business-class SIP service provider for IP-IBX systems.
It uses digital or analog telephone adapters. It is known to be the best VoIP Sip provider. It offers an easy-to-use yet powerful control panel to manage all elements of your account. Moreover, it is easy to manage and purchase phone numbers. You can simply discontinue, change or add service. Moreover, it is also easy to export and review real-time call data while modifying the billing preferences.
Integration of Call Data Records (CDRs) makes it more useful to understand the true needs of communication.
- Tier-1 redundant network
- International toll fraud protection
- Real-time call data records
- Dialler traffic welcome
- Powerful control panel
- SIP.Us integrates telemarketing supports that use automated dialling
- It offers a free trial of 60 minutes for out-bounding calling
- Sip.us is flexible
- Perfect fit for open source systems such as Elastix, FreeSwitch and Asterisk
- Higher international rates
- Inefficiently limited features for large enterprise
Sip.us offers a simple pricing plan. It even offers different prices for SIP channels inbound DID telephone numbers’ prices separately. The price of SIP Channel is $24.95 per channel per month.
Sip.us rating according to G2.com is as follows:
11. Verizon VoIP
Best Service Provider for Mid-sized Business
Verizon VoIP provides a professional solution for communication that securely works over a cloud-based connection. Thus, it is easy to manage all the desk phone calls or mobile apps to keep the business grow.
Verizon VoIP provider business further offers over 45 different features that help you streamline the business activities and improve customer experience and communication.
Its features allow you to automatically forward calls to a preset number so you can maintain the entire customer service.
- End-user web portal
- Administrator web portal
- Mobile app for both outbound and in-progress calls
- Analyse Call history
- Business continuity
- Announcements on hold
- Allows seeing anyone who leaves the voicemail
- Multiple phones can make or receive calls
- Manage calls internationally on internet connection through online dashboard or app
- Provides 45 calling features such as call transfer between devices, voicemail to email, and automatic call forwarding
- Limited fibre optics
- Very expensive for small businesses
Verizon VoIP offers several extensive pricing plans that start from $94 and the highest plan costs $249.
Trustpilot review of Verizon is as follows
Best VoIP Service Provider for Remote Teams
Bitrix24 provides VoIP service for free. It works quite well with both inbound and outbound call centre services. It also works well with the internal PBX system.
It further improves the internal communication of the companies by bringing together online collaboration tools.
It incorporates a virtual presence indicator. It shows the online status of the employees. The custom background makes it more attractive to use. Such that you can add your brand colors in the background.
- Robotic process automation
- Custom background
- Virtual presence indicator
- Videoconferencing and chat
- Employee polling
- Can replace group collaboration and office communication
- Streamlining internal business communication is easy
- 100% free with an unlimited number
- Loved, trusted and tried by more than 8 million companies in the world
- The steep learning curve for beginners
- Bitrix watermark on every email in free version
- It offers a free plan where you can have unlimited users. The storage you get in this package is 5GB only. Also, the other features are limited too.
- A basic business plan costs $39 per month and provides 5 users
- The standard plan costs $79 per month and provides 50 users and 100GB
- Professional plan costs $159 per month with unlimited users and 1,024 GB of storage
TrustRadius rating of Bitrix24 is as follows
Best for pay as you go and 24/7 customer support
Zoom is a unified communication channel. Zoom Phone is a VoIP service that offers unlimited and pay-as-you-go calling plans for Canada and the US. It also supports unlimited domestic calling in more than 40 countries worldwide. Further, it combines Zoom’s conferencing platform with VoIP.
Zoom Phone also offers voicemail transcription, call recording and SMS messaging. Moreover, it integrates business software such as Salesforce and Slack.
Most plans offered by Zoom only include a single phone number, yet, you can include route calls along with unlimited extensions.
- Responsive to all types of screens and systems such as Linux, Mac and Windows
- One-on-one meeting
- Free plans are extensively feature-rich
- Call recording options
- Group video conference, screen sharing and recording
- Customer support is available 24/7
- Integrated with Slack, Salesforce, etc.
- Pay-as-you-go plan available
- Basic plans provide calling to Canada and the US
- Includes only one phone number
Zoom Phone offers three pricing tiers.
- Pay-as-you-go costs $10 per user per month
- Unlimited Regional Calling offer costs $15 per user per month
- Choose from 40+ countries costs $20 per user per month
TrustRadius rating of Zoom is as follows:
Best for Personal Use and Home
Vonage was one of the first VoIP providers and now offers an improved product being in service for over 20 years. It offers a fully unified platform for communication for all types of businesses.
It is an excellent solution for all types of connections. It will assist you in all steps and phases of your business either it is a virtual receptionist or a more professional rank. Vonage is highly flexible to adjust to your business needs.
It includes incredible features in all of its plans. It controls all the services from collaboration, personalization and customer service. It makes all the aspects even better. The plans also provide essential features such as do-not-disturb settings, spam shield, call screening and ID blocking.
- Enhanced call forwarding
- Dedicated fax line
- Toll-free plus
- Virtual number
- Add a lie
- Vonage extension app
- 24/7 support
- Voice quality is amazing
- Outstanding mobile app
- Need basic features to be purchased
- Add-on features are costly
It offers three pricing tiers.
- The basic plan, Mobile is $19.99 per month or line and offers a free trial as well. it provides unlimited SMS and calls
- The Premium plan costs $29.99 per month or line. It includes all Mobile plan features with CRM integration and IP desk phone capability.
- The Advanced plan costs $39.99 per month or line. It includes all the features from the premium plan in addition to visual voicemail, call group and on-demand call recording option for up to15 hours.
TrustRadius rating of Vonage is given below:
Best Communication System for Remote Workers
3CX is a hosted or on-premises PBX communication system. It offers app free social media messaging, voice calls, team chat and live chat, business SMS, and video conferencing. All these features are available in a single interface.
3CX provides a reliable and robust unified communication solution. It is an open-platform system that runs on Linux or Windows with an option to migrate to the cloud with simple restore and backup.
Cloud PBX in 3CX also integrates Facebook messaging integration, website live chat, android and iOS for mobile apps, and video conferencing software.
It is built for mobile use and offers remote working apps. That is why it includes secured communication for the entire team. With the Android and iOS applications, business activities and communication are not limited to a building.
- CRM integration
- Integrated video conferencing
- Business text message
- Integrated call centre solution
- Remote work apps
- Use existing infrastructure
- Allows call recording for quality and legal monitoring
- Allows sending and receiving messages on business number
- Enables in viewing status and contact from pop-out browser
- Daunting setup
- Windows app is a bit outdated
- API and integrations are missing
3CX offers free plans for up to 12 users. For users more than 13, they charge per user per month. There are three pricing tiers:
- The standard plan is free for the first year. But it does not provide all the essential and required features such as call queuing, CRM integrations and call recording.
- The most popular Pro Plan starts at $0.88 per user per month. The license fees cost $265.00 per license per year for 8 simultaneous calls and 25 users.
- The enterprise plan costs $1.08 per user per month.
TrustRadius rating of 3CX is given below
Read More: 3CX Live Chat WordPress Plugin Review
Best for Businesses looking for Robust Platform
MessageBird is another provider of VoIP that helps in the secure, reliable and fast building of voice applications for your business. MessageBird follows CPaaS (communication platform as a service) in the company that provides different ways to globally connect the companies.
Furthermore, it is a versatile provider of in-house communication APIs. They have used chat channels, SMS and voice messages to assist businesses to communicate efficiently with their customers.
It is also easy to integrate business communication with any 3rd party. Such as Amio, Sapier, STDLib, Zendesk and Salesforce.
It also lets you store all the call recordings in an accessible yet single location. Also, it is easy to keep track of all the conversations with Transcriptions where you convert all the recordings to text for your record.
- Caller ID
- Interactive Voice Response
- Masked Numbers
- Cloud telephony
- Inbound voice recording
- Archive and record
- Connect to VoIP without paying for any Virtual number
- In-house and infrastructure telco stacks are compatible to optimize call quality
- Create personalised voice messages with text to speech in 20 different languages
- Customers are directed to appropriate extensions easily and quickly
- No 24/7 support
- Limits messaging to split longer contact lists and group
- Very complicated user interface
MessageBird offers four plans. One is entirely free and three plans are priced.
- MessageBird offers a Startup that is a free plan for beginners. It limits the conversation to 50 active contacts only.
- The PRO plan costs $50 per month. It lets you connect with 500 active contracts.
- The recommended PRO Plus costs $150 per month with 1500 active contacts in conversation.
- A custom plan lets you connect to unlimited active contacts per month. The pricing can be set with the sales team according to your personalised features.
According to the user reviews on g2.com, MessageBird’s rating is as follows:
Best Cloud Phone System for Small Business
JustCall is another Cloud Phone System that lets its users track, distribute, receive and send SMS and phone calls. It is compatible with all types of devices. It further offers highly reliable and excellent features and services. Above all, it is easy to integrate the start and software within minutes.
JustCall lets you track all your call activities, number analytics and calls at a single centralized place. The analytics section provides you with all the details of calls that you make with your call. This section also segregates data that shows the team activities in 24 hours. Keeping track of voicemails and responses are also easily incorporated with Voicemail Analytics Section.
- GDPR compliant
- SMS Bot
- Caller ID
- Call Queue
- Record phone calls
- Call analytics dashboard
- It is GDPR compliant
- 70% discount for the first month
- Uses secured data for communication
- Easy number sharing with other team members
- You can instantly get mobile, toll-free and local numbers from over 70 countries
- Poor quality in comparison to the price
It offers 3 pricing tiers
- The standard plan costs $20 per user per month. This plan provides you call forwarding, recording, tracking and 1 toll-free or local number.
- The premium plan costs $40 per user per month. It contains all the features offered by the Standard plan. Moreover, it provides other features as well. Such as Salesforce integration, SMS Bots, and auto dialler etc.
- The enterprise plan is personalised according to your needs. It is available when you have at least 100 users.
The Trustradius rating for JustCall is 9 out of 10.
Best VoIP Service for Customer Support Team
The Weave is a VoIP provider for smartphone systems. It helps you in identifying current and new customers. Moreover, you get the opportunity to attract customers and make the long call for your business.
Weave incorporates the WeavePOP feature that helps you know your customer better with each interaction. It is easy to manage with voicemail greetings, hold music, and phone tree menus to create any experience.
Weave Analytics is another pronounced feature that gives you an in-depth insight into the payment history and calls analytics.
- Weave unify
- Weave analytics
- Easily customizable
- Business line
- You can add special notes for customers so the entire team can follow
- The conversion rate is high because of the easy and fast scheduling of an appointment
- Easily monitor and collect reviews through platforms to make a strong reputation for customer
- Features are specific for dental insurance demographics so increased profitability
- Lack of automated phone call features
- Complicated user interface
Weave does not provide any detail of the pricing plan on their website. However, one can request to get the pricing plans. But, Weave provides a free demo.
Capterra rating for Weave is given below:
Best for Fax service
ZoiPer is a VoIP business provider with intuitive features. It is well-suited for all sizes of businesses.
Besides, Zapier offers free encryption for all video, voice, and text communications with ZRTP and SRTP/TLS. It comes with military-grade and free encryption for video and voice features.
Zoiper is also fully compatible with most service providers of PBXs and VoIP. Therefore, you can make free calls between users of Zoiper. In addition, you can also make combined calls with diallers provided by Zoiper at cheap rates.
It is a unified VoIP communication channel that strengthens your communication on a single platform. It supports all types of communications, such as instant message, video, audio and Fax.
- Small footprint
- Increased efficiency
- Unified VoIP communication
- Compatible with a multitude of platforms such as Windows, Linux, macOS, Android and iOS.
- Automatic provisioning options and restricts parts of interface for users’ ease
- Zoiper is compatible with most services of VoIP and PBXs
- Call recording is easy to overcloud
- Provides its software development kit (SDK) to integrate its functionalities with all types of software and hardware
- Only limited features are available in the free version
- The call button becomes ineffective on several instances where it is required
Zoiper provides a free version that works well with Android and iOS. Besides, there is a Desktop version that costs Euro 49.95.
The user rating at Capterra shows the following overall rating of Zoiper.
What is a VoIP Provider?
A VoIP service provider is a company that offers its services to make phone calls for personal or business purposes on the internet. Internet Telephony Service Provider is another term used to describe VoIP service providers.
These companies allow users with IP networks to carry out telephony functions. For example, receiving and making phone calls. It is usually offered in terms of the SaaS model in which a vendor hosts the service to provide you with the software instead of a product.
Who is the best VoIP Provider?
We rank Nextiva as the best VoIP Provider because it works well both for individuals as well as teams. For teams without any coordinating office, Nextiva provides a platform to interact. They have outstanding customer support. It is an affordable and simple cloud phone system. Besides, they also offer cloud PBX with good quality audio and powerful features.
Is there a free VoIP provider?
Yes, there are free VoIP applications and software available that you can use for receiving and making audio and video calls. Some of the best free VoIP are Skype, Viber, Google Duo, Hangouts, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp (we will discuss these in another post).
Which VoIP Provider is Cheaper?
The cheapest VoIP provider in our list is Grasshopper ($26) and RingCentral ($19.99).
Which phone carrier is VoIP?
Verizon Communications Inc. is a telecommunication and broadband VoIP carrier company in New York.
Voice over Internet Protocol aka VoIP is referred to as Cloud PBX, Business VoIP, and Hosted VoIP. VoIP has several benefits over the traditional system of phones. All businesses thrive to greatly benefit by applying sophisticated technology of communication.
VoIP service can also be used at home in addition to simple phones. There are many residential VoIP providers as well. The above list also includes some of the best VoIP service providers that work for the business as well as home purposes.
From our review, we can conclude that:
- RingCentral is the best VoIP provider for Medium-sized businesses
- Nextiva is the best VoIP provider for small businesses
- Grasshopper as an overall best VoIP provider
The best option is, therefore, the one that fulfills all your needs. If you are running a large organization with thousands of workers, then investing in a good VoIP such as Vonage would be great.
However, if you are a small business or need it for individual use, then you may want to opt for Zoiper, MessageBird and Bitrix24.
Most of the VoIP providers provide free versions or less prices for basic features that you can use as a beginner.
A mid-sized business would work well with FreshCaller, 3CX and JustCall. They offer medium-range prices with the most relevant features in their plans.
So, which one is the best selection for you?